Saturday, July 19, 2014

Almost Time for School

Today marks 28 days until I move up to school and start the recruitment process to join a sorority. To say I'm nervous is an understatement, of course I'm excited as well but just the thought of moving out of my home town which I have lived in since I was born scares the pants off of me!  I will only be about two and a half hours away from home but still I mean come on what college freshman isn't at least a little nervous about what this next year will bring. 
     On the other hand, I am extremely excited as well! Plus all the shopping my mom and I have been doing lately to get me ready for school is a definite plus. I never really realized just how much stuff I was going to need until we made our Bed Bath & Beyond trip last weekend and had to use two shopping carts to fit everything. (Given comforters and mattress bass are large and took up an abundant amount of space) Im living in an all girls dorm where the majority of the girls who are going through recruitment live and though I don't know my roommate per say, she's a family friend... my brother-in-laws, brothers, girlfriends, cousin. (I know very abstract) Luckily she is rushing too, along with just about our whole dorm. We move up a week before the rest of the students and go through 5 days of recruitment and going to the houses. Im a whole other level of nervous for this! Though my sister was a Delta Gamma so I'm a legacy there it still does not guarantee anything for me. Hopefully all goes well and I find a house I love. But for now ill be content shopping for outfits for that week!
     My latest purchases are from the Nordstrom's anniversary sale they have going on. It just about killed me to spend as much money as I did but I really got a great deal. First I got  a pair of Tory Burch "Miller" logo sandals in sand for 195$ (they weren't on sale).
The killer purchase of the day was the Tory Burch "Eloise" boots I have had my eye on for 
about a year in dark coconut. Now they usually run about 500 smack a roos but low and 
behold they were part of the sale and were down to 299.As much as it pained me to spend that much on two pairs of shoes, I'm so in love with them both. 
Thats pretty much all I have for now! Until next time!
xx
Nicole 





No comments:

Post a Comment